Monday 7 November 2011

What have I gotten myself into?!

  So as I sit and write my sermon for the upcoming Sunday I am a little overwhelmed.  I walked into this one.  I was eating lunch with the Chaplain and the other usher and mentioned that I always wanted to be an usher when I was young.  He responded that he always wanted to be an usher too.  So I suggested that I preach next week and he could usher.  "Ok, sounds good" he responded.  Now he is a teacher of preaching and I have been talking with him about going into the ministry so this isn't out of place, but still I wasn't expecting it!
  Last week I decided to start taking my faith seriously and stop being lukewarm.  So, this is an answer to prayer.  My family has been irritatingly not as stressed about this as I am, but that has also been encouraging.   I will be speaking on Jonah 3.  It is fitting because I feel like a recovering Jonah these days.  I have gotten a bit on paper after staring at the blinking empty cursor that represents writers block these days, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment