Thursday 27 October 2011

Expedition time!

Well closer to a camping trip. It's time for my survival training which means two days of camping on the sea ice.  My current concern is how to prevent my spam from freezing.  I think by the time I put on all my layers and stash all the things I don't want to freeze inside I will look like that kid from "a christmas story" that could barely move.  The prize for completion is being able to head out to remote camps on the helicopters.
  So, off I go!  This should be the camping trip to end them all!  I wanted to build a magnificent snow fort but the sad truth is the larger it is the harder it is for your body to heat it.  So tiny and artful, maybe some ice sculptures...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You surely are getting some great experiences! Eeeeeek!

    ReplyDelete