Wednesday 19 October 2011

Stonger, Faster, Colder!

I once watched a documentary about the caribou herders of north Canada.  There was an old man weaving rope in sub zero temperatures with fingerless gloves.  It amazed me at the time.  Now I understand,  I already feel adapted to this cold a lot.  Today its -8 and I am comfortable in a light fleece and glove liners.  Now before you say "wow Josh you are such a manly man" that is as long as I am moving.  It is novel to have to strip down to a long sleeve t-shirt to cut ice so I don't start sweating and die.  Steam pours off of us like Detroit smog.  But, the second I stop moving the cold really sinks in. I'm eager to experience the really cold stuff at the pole and see that the current temp -50 feels like at 9000 feet.

3 comments:

  1. When do you get to go to the Soup Pole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckle. I means "South" Pole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have survial training this Friday overnight to Saturday. Then I just have to wait for something to break!

    ReplyDelete