Tuesday 18 October 2011

Flight Check is almost over!

  We are concluding flight check!  Hopefully today!  Flight check is when the FAA comes down and tests all of our equipment.  It is the busiest few weeks of our season because everything has to be perfect.  People have been working 22 hour days around here so my 15 hour days seem short by comparison.  All is well though because we see the light on the other side.
  I have spent the last few days digging out the ski on a shelter out of some solid ice so we can level said shelter.  We have a good crew.  Will loves the chainsaw, Sunny can throw ice half a mile, My niche is chiseling(it's a four foot one), while Carl is great at not hitting me with the sledgehammer that is pounding on said chisel.  By the time it was all said and done we had broken a big chain and a cargo strap, no easy task.  It's all technical work from here and seeing as my use as grunt has temporarily expired, I get to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment